• Maya • 3DS Max • Zbrush • Photoshop • Crazybump • nDo2 • xNormal • UDK • Unity
• Hard surface sub-division modeling for high to low poly workflow, with organic modeling experience.
• Advanced texturing skills in multiple styles, both hand-painted and realistic.
• Knows both the ins and outs of Photoshop, and very comfortable within Maya.
• Experienced with modular environment asset creation for efficiency and ease of use in game engines.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and strict deadlines.
Torn Banner Studios, June 2012 – Present, Environment Artists
• Responsible for creating environments and props for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
Tale of Tales, December 2011 – Frebruary 2012, Freelance 3D/Texture Artist,
• Responsible for modeling and texturing realistic low poly environment assets.
Berserk Entertainment Inc., November 2011 – April 2012, Freelance 3D/Texture Artist
• Creating high quality, hand painted diffuse textures that adhere to a specific stylized approach.
• Optimizing existing models and creating efficient UVs for maximum texture resolution.
Codename Games, May 2011 – August 2011, Assistant Artist
• Worked with artists from both development teams making 3d in-game assets across multiple titles for Playstation Home.
• Responsible for modeling and texturing assets based upon other artists’ concepts using current workflow techniques and iterating revisions based upon feedback while under a tight schedule.
• Analyzed documentation to incorporate character animations efficiently into the pipeline.
“Lucas was a 3D art intern with us for several months, and we couldn’t have been happier with him. His work was always completed quickly and to requirements, both artistic and technical. He responded well to notes and feedback, and would turn around changes well within time limits. He was also genuinely fun to have around–his calm personality and dry sense of humor were very appreciated during tight schedules and deadline deliveries. I highly recommend him to anyone who is considering hiring him.”
— Diana Hughes, Designer/Producer, Codename Games, managed Lucas indirectly at Codename Games.
Champlain College, Burlington, Vermont.
Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Game Development, Game Art & Animation, Class of 2012.• Upperclassmen Game Art Representative of the Champlain College Game Developer’s Association.• Studied in Montreal for two semesters.
• GPA: 3.41; Dean’s List: Spring 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012.
Independent hip-hop, slam poetry, street art, hiking, yoga, oil painting and videogames. Familiar with more casual games such as Super Meat Boy, Castle Crashers, and Limbo, but very experienced with AAA titles such as Mass Effect, Mirror’s Edge, Bioshock, Darksiders, Skyrim, and Halo.
(References available upon request)